A folding hand saw in USA is one component of wilderness equipment that is frequently disregarded. That’s because saws aren’t typically included in camping checklists for some reason. Axes and hatchets are frequently cited as essential items. Axes have undoubtedly been elevated in popular culture as symbols of camping and “roughing it” as a result. Experienced backcountry campers, however, frequently opt to bring a folding camping saw rather than an axe for a variety of reasons. With that in mind, this blog explains why you should think twice about carrying an axe camping and why a folding camping saw is a better option in the backcountry.
Hatchets & Axes Waste Time and Energy
It’s especially crucial to conserve time and energy when camping in the wilderness. That’s because you don’t want to waste valuable calories, especially if you’re running low on food or drink. Additionally, since gathering and treating firewood might be considered a crucial activity, efficiency is of the utmost importance. However, in all likelihood, you won’t be feeling huge-diameter trees in the forest. You’ll most likely be removing standing dead trees or branches with a diameter of fewer than 6 inches.
Folding Hand Saws Are Easy to Hold and Store
In contrast to an axe, a folding camping saw takes very little training. Using a saw has essentially no learning curve. Anyone can learn one and swiftly enhance their skills. So much so that you can show a child how to use a saw safely and correctly without having to think [too much] about their safety. They may immediately begin cutting wood and working around camp! You can safely pack and transport the saw anywhere because of its folding feature!
Tips for Choosing a Folding Hand Saw
Consider a few factors while selecting a camping pocket saw from a retailer.
- Resistance to wear. Study the information carefully. Tool steel is the recommended alternative. Such a saw is dependable and durable, and it will last considerably longer.
- Look at the prongs’ size. The process will take longer as they get smaller, but their benefit is that they won’t get stuck in the tree. Large teeth speed up the process, but they risk being trapped in the substance. Consequently, it is advised to bring a saw with medium-sized teeth.
- Inspect the chain saw’s dexterity. Overly flexible tools will result in extremely slow work, while overly rigid tools risk breaking when they become stuck in the wood. Therefore, it is preferable to choose the median choice once more.
Prominent Features of a Folding Hand Saw in USA
- Very small and lightweight
- fits on your belt
- Slip-resistant handle
- Multiple cutting positions
- Interchangeable blades
- Cuts on the pull stroke
So, Why Use a Folding Hand Saw Instead of An Axe?
Considering its size, a folding hand saw in USA performs remarkably well. Cutting is a breeze thanks to the pull stroke’s strong definition. The blade keeps its edge quite nicely as well. You’ll still need to sharpen the blade, or you can swap it out. At Gardeness, various blade lengths and tooth sizes are available, along with medium, large, and fine teeth. Every blade can be used interchangeably throughout its length. Henceforth, the draw stroke, which is simpler to regulate and uses less energy, is how the blade cuts. It won’t be as effective, though, as a blade that can cut both in the push and pull directions.
No comment yet, add your voice below!